What is Ceramic Coating?
Ceramic coating is a liquid polymer that protects the surface of your vehicle. The coating bonds with the paint on your car to form a protective layer. Because ceramic coating forms a chemical bond, it does not wash away or wear down as quickly as car wax. Ceramic coating provides a semi-permanent solution to protecting the paint and surface of your prized vehicle.
Benefits of Ceramic Coating
There are many benefits to the ceramic coating process, including:
- Ceramic coating creates an additional layer of protection for your vehicle.
- The process creates a chemically resistant shield. Your vehicle will resist stains caused by high acidity and changes in pH levels.
- The hydrophobic properties of ceramic coating make washing your car a breeze.
- Enhanced aesthetics are a significant benefit of ceramic coating. The treatment improves the color, gloss, and clarity of the paint while also adding an element of depth.
The Ceramic Coating Process
Ceramic coating is applied in a thorough process to provide maximum benefit for your vehicle. Usually, the process involves the following:
- The vehicle is thoroughly washed and dried. The surface of the automobile must be clean for the chemical bond to take properly.
- Multiple layers of ceramic coating chemicals are applied.
- The ceramic coating is left to set into the paint and form a chemical bond.
It is vital to have paint correction before ceramic coating if it is needed. Paint correction is the process of leveling out scratches and swirls in the paint. This step is essential, as flaws in the paint can be significantly magnified by ceramic coating.
In order to keep up the appearance of your car, it is necessary to have a trained professional who can expertly perform your paint correction and ceramic coating. A professional detailer with plenty of experience can be the difference between stunning, showroom-ready results and a complete disaster. Be even more careful about choosing an automotive shop if your car is black.
At 911 Design, we genuinely believe that we are one of the best in the business when it comes to auto body work, including ceramic coating. Our specialty in Porsche® and high-end luxury brands gives us critical insight into innovations for aesthetic enhancement. We are car enthusiasts who utilize our passion for the automotive industry to produce optimal results.